The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone users have been waiting for long for an official jellybean 4.2.1 update and the wait is now finally over. It is one of the most stable firmware update based on jellybean that will incorporate a host of new that includes a new lock screen and enhanced widget support. It also fixes the error encountered on the lock screen for ripple effect. Another addition is a new display setting called daydream, changes in the notification center and better voice commands. These are just a few to name. So instead of just reading about them let’s begin with the process and experience it yourself.
Things to remember: Before we begin, there are a few things that you must keep in mind.
- Your phone should not be rooted.
- You must backup all your important data and files manually instead of using ROM manager or KIES as it may render your phone useless.
- You must enable USB debugging before you begin. You can enable it by navigating to Applications in the Settings Menu. Then select the Development option and check the USB Debugging option.
- Your device has at least fifty per cent battery backup so that it does not get switched off in the middle of the process leading to undesirable consequences.
Note: Please follow the process at your own risk. We at techzek.com are not responsible for any kind of consequences faced during the process.
Let us now begin with the process. Below is a detailed guide that will help you apply the new firmware.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXUFMB3 Jellybean 4.2.1:
- To begin with, you need to download Odin and the XXUFMB3 Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Package on your system. Extract both the packages in different folders.
- Launch the Odin application on your computer.
- Now you need to restart your phone in Download mode. Switch off your device and then press the power button along with the Volume down Key and Center button, all three at the same time. A green robot will appear on your screen indicating that your device is in download mode.
- Now connect your device to your system with the help of a USB cable. The moment your system detects the device, the ID: COM section in Odin turns to yellow indicating that the drivers are successfully installed.
- Next, select the PDA option and choose “” and press Start to begin with the process. It may take a couple of minutes. After the firmware is updated, the firmware application process begins.
- Your device will reboot automatically upon the firmware Updates. It is advisable that you do not disconnect the USB until you see the option to select your country.
- Once the device boots completely and your phone displays the home screen you can disconnect the USB. To ensure that you have successfully updated the firmware navigate to Settings, select the About Phone option and then go to the Firmware section. It will display XXUFMB3 Jellybean 4.2.1. as the firmware version.
Now, your phone has been updated to jellybean 4.2.1. Please leave your feedback as comments below.