The wait for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users is finally over. The new firmware called the XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware version is now finally available. The best part is one does not lose their warranty and neither the update root one’s device after its installation. Apart from introducing the latest features incorporated in the latest operating system it also fixes the small issues faced while using the camera as well as the overheating problem. Before we begin with the process we need to remember a few things.
Things to remember:
• You must backup all your data and important files manually instead of using KIES or any such software because it may brick your device.
• Once you have a backup, restart your device in the recovery mode. You can enter the recovery mode by holding down the Volume up key, menu button along with the power button simultaneously on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
• Once you are in the recovery mode menu, navigate to “clear cache” and then “wipe data / factory reset” so that you clean off all the data in your device.
• Make sure that the battery level is at least fifty per cent so that the handset doesn’t switch off in the middle of the process.
• Moreover, if your device is already rooted, then installation of this update will undo it. You won’t be able to access root anymore. However, we will soon tell you how to root XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
If you have gone through the above list and followed all the steps, you are now ready to begin the update process. So let’s get started.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware:
1• You need to download Odin and XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware Package easily available over the internet. You can extract both the files on your system in separate folders and launch Odin.
2• Turn off your handset to enter the download mode. In order to enter the download mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 you need to press the volume down key, Ok button and the power button simultaneously. A warning message will appear on your screen where you will be required to press the volume up key to continue.
3• Once in the download mode, connect your device to your system with the help of a USB cable that came along with it. As soon as your system detects the handset the ID: COM section in Odin will turn yellow indicating a successful connection.
4• Press the PDA tab and browse the folder in which you have extracted the firmware package. Select the tar format file and press the Start button to begin the update process.
5• Please ensure that you do not disconnect the handset from your system until you are asked to select the location or language on the device. Once on the home screen you can easily disconnect the USB.
6• In order to make sure that the update was successful you can go to the settings menu and then browse the about phone section. There you can see the firmware as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware.
Note: In case your phone does not restart or gets stuck in the middle of the process, press the power button for long to restart the device. Even if that doesn’t help you can re-insert the battery and begin the process all over again from the very first step. If you face any other issues, you can let us know by leaving a comment bellow.